Keen to practice their new skills the contractors at AJG Direct host an interactive workshop and encourage immediate action.
FACT: 90% of new information learned is lost within a week. In a bid to maximize professional development AJG Direct follow up last weekends conference with an interactive workshop. Developing new leaders is critical for the growing sales and marketing firm, the workshop was an opportunity for everyone to realign their new knowledge and set new goals for the spring.
CEO Paul Gillett added an extra dimension of learning as he explored the common barriers to effective leadership. “So many miss out on their true potential, and I am committed to developing tomorrows leading businessmen and women, sharing personal experience and observations will enhance their learning and future potential.”
- Mind-reading – Second guessing a person’s thoughts or actions can be detrimental to engagement levels a good leader will listen more than they speak, using words as cues will be more effective than intonations.
- Filtering – by choosing to ignore harmful, threatening or critical information, it is unlikely that progress will be made. Instead, decide to take action to repair negative impressions and behave as a solid leader should.
- Judging – Avoid prejudging, showing compassion and attention to improvement will boost confidence and help existing team members reach their potential.
- Advising – with a bank of experience it can be easy to jump in with a solution. Take time to listen out the entire scenario before wading in, and the answer may be more evident to the individual if they have time to sound off.
- Being right – Be open to constructive criticism, “there is a lesson to be learned from everyone you meet, take the time to listen to each individuals story and show an interest to build a meaningful connection”; states Paul Gillett. There is a possibility that another perspective can create exceptional results, be humble and take on board new ideas to become a well-rounded leader.
AJG Direct is an outsourced sales and marketing firm based in London. The firm specialises in a unique form of direct marketing which allows them to connect with consumers on behalf of their clients’ brands at unique events. Through personalised event marketing, AJG Direct can engage in face-to-face conversations with consumers which helps to encourage long-lasting and personal business relationships between brand and consumer. In turn, this often leads to increased customer acquisition, brand awareness and brand loyalty for their clients.